We LOVE our yearly trip to the State Fair. We have it down to a science. We head straight for the food first before the lines get crazy and we hit the Little Farm right around lunch time when the line dies down a bit because everyone else is standing in a crazy long corny dog line. We try to fit in a dog show and the petting zoo and of course we hit the Midway. That is usually our final stop. The kids get to pick one ride (they are crazy expensive) and we are tuckered out and ready to head home for naps about 4 or so hours later! It is the perfect way to welcome Fall (or the Texas version of fall where it's just chilly enough for a jacket for the first hour and then it's shorts and t-shirts weather).
* my crazy family enjoying the fake grass!!
* mmmmmm...I'm already craving next year's Fletcher's corn dog
* wouldn't you know that when I snap a quick picture of my children in horribly harsh sunlight with lots of terrible shadows they are all smiling sweetly at the camera and cuddling at just the right angles...LOL
* Sam was big enough to enjoy the farm this year
* planting his potato
* gathering eggs in the hen house
* my precious farmers
* next year I'll try to remember to get in this and be the lamb...
* Abby and Nani flying high
* blurry, but love the expressions!
* Madison and Nani are in the very back...scary!
* my favorite shot if the day!!!
* petting the camel
* think I'm about to get pecked!
* I wish his eye was open, but I love this tight shot
* we love to see the cross on the donkey's back...how cool is that!!