Saturday, May 25, 2013

21/52

This was Sam's last week of school at St. John. He had the wonderful Ms. Meredith, such a blessing!! It was a great year and we have one more to go before he is in big kid school...I don't want to talk about that!

Well...we got a trampoline and with it our first stitches!  I was so careful not to let the kids jump on the trampoline until we got the nets up.  Then I thought, we should probably see if they sell covers for those springs.  Should have followed through on that.  After watching Abby do lots of front flips and back flips I walked into the house and a minute later heard "mommy, mommy, mommy"  Her head was gushing blood and she was very calm and just kept asking me, "Am I okay?" over and over.  One quick look at the gash in her head all the way down to bone and we knew we needed to head to the ER.  Poor Max saw the whole thing and was very traumatized.  Apparently, she had just sat down quickly on the trampoline and when she landed on her bottom it catapulted her forward into the springs.  So thankful Madison was home to watch the littles while we took her.  The hilarious thing is I grabbed my pile of to do lists and Matt grabbed a clean shirt for Abby (knowing how much she likes to look nice).  I bet you can tell from that last sentence who is the giver and who is the taker in our relationship.  I will say I am the calm one though.  Matt drove the wrong way into the drop off entrance of the ER then ran around to the wrong side of the car to get her out.  He was a little panicky.  She was soooo worried about getting a shot (she is terrified of them) but four hours, a mean ole shot and four stitches later we were on our way home.  She was such a trooper!!!  I sure hope we don't have to do that again any time soon!




*worrying about your sweet little girl for four hours and trying to stay calm and make her smile and laugh the whole time can be exhausting!


We also enjoyed field day this week!  Max and Abby both got first in the tortilla toss (only in Texas) and Abby smoked everyone in the 50 yard dash and 100 yard dash.  She told me the PE coach told her she was the fasted girl in the school!  Go Abby Gazelle!  Max was really fast too, but there were a lot of fast boys in his heat too.  His facial expressions when he runs are hilarious!!  I had a fun time zooming in on all of the pictures I took.  I also love how Abby grins from ear to ear the whole time she's running.  She is my joy filled child!!
























Say "cheese" :)




No comments:

Post a Comment