Welcome to the final post of 2012...it's a monstor of a post. What an awesome year it was for our family!! Sooo grateful for the many blessings and so excited to see what God has in store for us in 2013!!
Jumping right in...
Christmas cookie making...
* I love this nativity. I don't remember where we got it and several of the figures are missing hands, but it soooo cute! Well loved!
* the beginning of the annual Christmas break puzzle...
* After dinner and some cousin play time, the kids spread oats in the back yard for the reindeer, then we have hot chocolate and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and we read about baby Jesus birth and finish the night with a Christmas Eve movie (not sure what that look on Max's face is about...LOL)
(we're going to pretend my bed is made is this picture, m'kay? m'kay!!!)
* Christmas Eve games...
* Early Christmas morning our Koceich Six comes out youngest to oldest to see the Santa gift and stockings then we have a special small breakfast (I've been witness to too many toddler melt downs from waiting too long to eat Christmas morning). Then we open presents from each other. Love our Christmas morning time together.
* I love how frugal Santa is...my kinda guy!
* can you tell which of my children got the drama gene :)
* you rock Santa
* every time we asked Sam what he wanted for Christmas he said a rubber ducky...well, okay then!
* Oh how my heart melts for this crew!!
* cinnamon rolls made in a waffle maker...YUM!!!
* time to open gifts from each other
* when her present starting ringing she was just a bit surprised (the shock still hasn't worn off) :)
* after we had our personal little family Christmas our big family arrived..my mom, sister and her husband, niece and her family and nephew and his girlfriend. It is chaos for a couple of hours, but I LOVE it! There is for sure a Christmas explosion and we end the morning with breakfast burritos. mmmmmm
* my favorite moment this Christmas was witnessing my niece's boyfriend proposing to her. He had her open his present facing me so I would be sure to photograph her reaction. He got down on one knee behind her and inside the present was a note that said "turn around". Soooooo sweet!!
* I LOVE happy tears!!!
* God gifted us with a Christmas day snow!
* The day after Christmas we headed to Granbury for a Christmas #2 with Matt's parents...always a fun time
* a couple days later we had our third and final Christmas at my dad's house. Megan, my step-sister, and up from Houston. My kids adore their Thurman cousins. They always put on a play for the adults. Great memories!!
~ play #1 "Santa's Noisy Night"
(after a long day delivering presents)
~ reenactment of the 12 days of Christmas...
* 11 drummers drumming
* six geese a laying
* five golden rings
* and a partridge in a pear tree