Saturday, August 24, 2013

34/52

Our final week of summer. CAN'T...EVEN...BELIEVE...IT! I guess I'm ready for school to start back in some ways (it's nice to hear my own thoughts sometimes), but I can honestly say this has been one of the most enjoyable summers with my crew!! Now, I did enlist "the stay at least 3 feet away from mommy at all times" rule today for a little bit...what can I say, I was at Costco and overstimulated as it was! But, most of the summer moments have been lots of fun!! It's true...time flies when you're having fun!! Prepare yourself for photo-overload! We started this week off with one of my most favorite summer memories...dinner, swimming and back to school prayer time over our kids/teachers with dear friends!! These people spur me on and bless my life abundantly!!
On Monday Daddy went back to work so I knew it was going to be imperative to keep us all busy. We headed to the park and had it almost to ourselves. We had a great time swinging (for the record I can swing above the bar...I know, try not to be jealous) and we took a long walk on the linear trail.
Daddy's birthday was Tuesday. Abby had fun dressing up like him to surprise him when he came home from work. The kids make a peanut butter and chocolate chip bundt cake for him and I made rigatoni...YUM!!! We LOVE Daddy!!!
*surprising him at the front door...

This week I also had the brilliant idea of having the kids deep clean some of my most neglected tasks. This was called operation "make the kids so tired of doing chores that they can't wait to go back to school". Brilliant, I tell ya!! They pulled everything out of the frig and cleaned the shelves and drawers, the scrubbed our chairs with Mr. Clean erasers, and cleaned all of the trashcans and bathroom shelf bins in the house. If only I had time to put them on window washing duty!!
*day 2...can you tell! :)

* this is how they feel about said chores...


We also got creative this week. I bought Abby this plain pink lunch bag because it was one of the washable ones (a must in our family). But the words plain and Abby just don't go together. So we headed to Michael's and found some iron on flowers. Y'all, I can't even handle the cuteness that is this lunch bag!! A one of a kind, original! Now, we pray that the flowers last through the wear and tear of fourth grade!
Thursday was meet the teacher night. After fun in the sun at Hawaiian Falls with Nani, we headed home and changed and enjoyed "Kids eat free" night at the On The Border (my favorite). Then it was off to meet the teachers. Max has Mrs. Brothers and Abby has Mrs. Lewis. Madison has 8 teachers and I spared her the embarrassment of taking pictures of her with her teachers (LOL). I'm still in denial about Madison going to high school. Not even able to comprehend that!! So...moving on!
* our last stop (two hours of teacher meeting is exhausting)


Friday was Sam's four year check up! He is doing great! The shots were not so fun, but the sucker and Spiderman stickers made it all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment